My mom has been asking me to make a christmas wishlist, so i made 3 from the 3 different websites want things from: charlotte russe, victorias secret and amazon. Each wishlist is like a whopping $500. Damnit, i wish we were rich. Not working (i am technically now, but still waiting for money to come out of it), is dreadful. Although i like the flexibility of being able to do whatever i want, not having guaranteed money every 2 weeks sucks. So i'm almost near my breaking point, I may just go get a job! a stupid minimum wage job!
I started reading THE SECRET, last night.
Well i finished my book on self esteem yesterday, and started my new one! THE SECRET, i have skimmed through it, read bits and pieces since i got it at some point this year, i think in the summer. But now I am actually reading it cover to cover. I got to page 20 last night~ this book is AMAZING, and i recommend it to anybody that is interesting in bettering themselves really, or even people that don't think they need to better themselves, this book will teach you great things, and really great ways to view life and goals. It's all based on *the law of attraction* What you think, is what you get. I think it's very true, and the book explains all about how the secret works, what the law of attraction is, and examples of it taking place in peoples lives. I think this book is good enough to possibly live by- it could be someones religion, really!
A few snippets from the book:
*the secret is the law of attraction, everything that's coming into your life, you are attrracting into your life. And it's attracted to you by virtue of the images your holding in your mind. It's what you're thinking. Whatever is going on in your mind you are attracting to you!
* Religions: Hinduism, hermetic traditions, christianity, islam, judaism, and buddhism delivered the secret through their writings and stories. It was even recorded in stone in 3000 BC. It began at the beginning of time!
* Your life, currently, is a reflection of your past thoughts. That includes all the great things and all the things that aren't so great. You attract to you what you think about most, it is easy to see what your dominant thoughts have been on in every subject of your life, because that is what you have experienced. Until now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you're learning the secret and you can change anything and everything!
~ the part of this book (that i read last night) that i found so unbelievably interesting, and concluded my "wonders" about the secret is:
The law of attraction doesn't compute "don't, not, or no" or any other words of negation, when you use those words this is what the law of attraction is recieving:
* i don't want to gain weight ~~~ the law of attractions translation: "i want to gain weight"
* i don't want a bad haircut ~~~ translation "i want a bad haircut"
* i don't want anyone to be rude to me~~~ translation "i want people to be rude to me"
I plan on writing tidbits from my reading often in my blog, i hope all you readers find it interesting and feel free to leave comments! I'm so excited to complete this book!
Another few books i'd like to recommend are...
|Oh, how i love Peter Pan <3|
|aw, my Peter Pan, <3 one day i'll find my dream Peter.|
i know you guys are anxious to see my bookshelf, right?